Monday, June 2, 2008

I'll Be Like Your Medicine, You'll Take Every Dose Of Me

Ok, so this might get a little graphic, but I had to wonder it. I'm down in Arizona and today, I kid you not, my car told me that it was 108 degrees outside. Of course, it was 71 inside so no big deal, but I had to wonder, people lived here before the fantastic invention of air conditioning. This would be the time to skip ahead to the next paragraph as this may get a little visual. If during development, the testicles descend from the abdomen because the body is too hot to sustain proper production. Now, the body is typically 98.6 degrees, give or take a couple. If the outside is higher than this, two things make me curious. 1) Wouldn't they migrate back into the abdomen where it is relatively colder? 2) In either location, wouldn't the temperature be too high for proper output and therefore make the local populations sterile for a couple months out of the year? Yep, I did wonder that.

Beyond the oppressive heat, Arizona is kind of nice. I haven't seen all of it yet, but what I have, I do like. Oh and they have all four major sports as well as PGA and I think Nascar events. I live in a fantastic neighborhood and what seems to be a good ward. Basically, I'm pleased on all fronts. And it can only get better when the DBacks come back for a homestand starting on the 13th. I'll be chilling in my seats, hob knobbing with the other season ticket holders, talking about our yachts and how we hire people solely to replace the toilet paper and start our cars so they're cold whenever we get into them. That's just what we do.

Ok, I have to say this, and if you haven't seen the new Indiana Jones, you're done reading for today. I defintiely saw it, and let's just say I'm glad I only paid the matinee price. Wow. Really? That's the best you got after a fifteen or so year layoff? It definitely dissuaded me from buying the other movies because I now remember that one. Mostly, I'm just glad I didn't get that psyched for the last Rocky because it would have tarnished the first four, which were fantastic. If you want to hear more, I've got more, I just don't want to spoil it for anyone. Word.

No comments: