Sunday, August 24, 2008

Oh Man We Were Living, Didn't Waste One Minute

Do you remember how excited you were about getting a bag of M&M's at the store checkout counter when you were young? How about the cool-ness you enjoyed when you were finally allowed to pick out which movie to rent for the weekend?
I've been like that until recently with boating. It originally was this unbelievably cool thing that I'd get to do on special weekends, and eventually became just another thing to kill time. Well, being seven years removed from having one at my disposal has given me a new found appreciation. In the past two and half weeks, I've taken her (of course all ships are female, but no, she does not have a name. I've tried naming vehicles before, but it backfired within twenty-four hours after I named my car. Very hesitant to take that risk again.) out on the river thrice. Absolutely enthralling. Just being on the water and traveling so smoothly, just kind of lets you put everything else behind you for those couple moments. So serene. If real heaven was like cartoon heaven- that is angels resting on clouds, strumming harps- then being on a boat just cruising down the river has to be the closest approximation we have here. In all honesty, I'm contemplating spending a night anchored off shore and just sleeping on the water.
In addition to the re-discovered enjoyment of boating, things are going well. I'm working at the hospital, and keeping busy with church assignments and callings. Really, just one calling, but it sounds better if I use the plural. I thoroughly prefer a busy life to an unencumbered one and I'm very pleased to be on my way to the former of the two. Ask me again in three weeks, and I'll likely complain about it, but know that I still prefer it over spending endless days on my couch.
So yeah, thanks for all your support and willingness to listen to me gripe over living in a mansion with a nice car and two miles from the beach. But seriously, thanks. Word.

No comments: