Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm Dressed All In Blue And I'm Remembering You

So I watched both 'Reality Bites' and 'High Fidelity' late this evening. Let me tell you, don't do this if you want to sleep later that evening. It is not conducive to anything other than deep, existential thoughts. And that brings us to this blog post.

For me, I got to thinking about past relationships. I've had my fair share and I like to think I've ran the gamut of relationships. Deep, shallow, short, long, good, bad. Some I regret starting, some I regret ending, but they're all part of my character now. They've all shaped me and how I handle future relationships. They've all given me stories and memories that remind me of all the good reasons to take romantic chances.

I can't tell you why, but I got to thinking about how the other halves of my relationships view our time together. I wonder if they think that I was good to them. Which memories do they still have, if any? I have to imagine that the married ones seldom, if ever reflect on when I dated them, but I like to believe that they have a couple. I know my parents still have stories, some of them not disastrous, of people they dated before they met each other.

The ones who are still single, I hope they think well of the time we shared. I like to think that they remember the fun times, but part of me wonders if they have bad stories about dating me. Id like to think that I was flawless, but I know there were some rough spots along my relationship road. I wonder if those outweigh the good times, or vice versa.

Again, do not watch 'High Fidelity' and 'Reality Bites' late at night, back to back. Do not do it. You will end up thinking about questions that have no answers.

Word.

No comments: