Thursday, December 25, 2008

I'll Have a Blue Christmas

I got the tootsie roll bank for Christmas. All is well in the world.

Oh and Christmas isn't all blue, speaking solely of the color, not the temperament (temperament good, see below). Sure the sky and ocean are, but the grass is green, and the foliage is an assortment of colors.

Christmas was great, spent a lot of time just relaxing and not thinking about work or schools, or anything more serious than, "Is the pain incumbent with eating 20 or so pecan tarts worth it?" (Yes, and yes. I find all pain related to over-eating is typically worth it. Pain due to food poisoning, not as worth it.) Just chilling with the immediate family and seeing family members for the first time in a decade, debating over which movie to watch first, contemplating what songs to get off iTunes. These are the decisions and activities that maybe, just maybe, will be the most crucial ones in my life someday. We all have dreams.

More to the point, in a round-a-bout way, I was given a trip out to Utah. It's under the auspices of helping my brother, but I know his work will only take a day and I'm already booked to spend three days there. So here's the deal.

Monday night, as in this Monday the 29th, I'm going to be having dinner at Winger's. Not sure which one yet, likely the one at PTC, but that's beside the point. If you are one of the handful of people who read this and are in the greater Provo area during the holidays, please try and clear your schedule. I would love to see you and share a bowl of popcorn and two plates of sticky fingers, (two because I'm not really going to share them. I'm going to eat one on my own and whatever you don't finish, I'll eat that as well.) while I tell you about how awesome it is to still be wearing shorts.

Seriously, let me know if you'll be able to make it. There will be a mass text sent out tomorrow some time, and either reply to that or post a comment here, or, if worse comes to worse, a phone call is still valid. I look forward to sticky fingers, and seeing you all would be a bonus.
Word.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Let me tell you the real reason for going to Utah on the 29th. Your parents are wise people and are giving you a free out of the agony that is New Year's Eve in Satellite Beach. It was good to see you at Grandmother's. Have fun with your new tissue holder. I'm already having fun with mine.

Your dad invited Kristin and I to hike some active volcano in Ecuador. Do you know anything about this?