Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Flip On The Telly, Wrestle With Jimmy

After watching the Scrubs season premiere, I began wondering whether or not a taxidermist would work on a human. And then what would be the oldest age where those services should be considered? I've got to put the bar at 50, of course this is assuming the cause of termination is not disfiguring.

Aside from that, the most exciting development on my television has been the unrolling of the MLB network. That's right, 24/7/365.25 of baseball. They replay old classic games, talk about comparisons across the ages, and make top ten lists of everything rawhide related. Ask me how much my productivity has gone down. Heaven forbid they roll the 2005 World Series. Even though I own the collector's edition box set, I would still sit through it if it came on the air.
Speaking of the 2005 White Sox, I'm kind of glad they haven't won it all since (note: this gladness is only in retrospect, and I gladly would trade the four intervening seasons for one more championship, but you have to follow me for a second. It'll make sense, I promise) then. Why you ask?

Financial reasons. Just to commemorate that splendid event, I have purchased the following memorabilia:
An official hat
An official program
A large blanket
An official world series baseball
A world series champions ring replica
A world series trophy replica
A picture from game one which I had matted and framed
A special edition DVD
and the aforementioned collector's box set.

Not kidding. If they won it all again, I would be forced to renew at least some of these items, and would likely add others. Truth be told, I have enough stuff from four years ago to last for the next ten. And I love each and every one, but I simply can't afford to replace them.

But we all know I would anyway. Like Rocky during the Apollo-Drago fight, I would shrink at the task before me and cave in to my weaknesses.

Most importantly for this post, let me know about what you think about the now embedded playlist you're hearing by now. I tried to design it like an album as opposed to a random collection. Ideally, it would wash over you (brace for this because it's going to get deep here) like the ocean waves off shore. You see the wave off shore always flow towards the shore, however, they rise and fall smoothly and effortlessly. That was the hope with the ordering and selection.
Enjoy.

Word.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

favorite scrubs quote:

Carla: I've heard it all before.
New Crappy Intern: (sob story)
Carla: Heard it ... Me, dead mom. J.D., dead dad. Eliot, emotionally abusive parents. Dr. Cox, emotionally and physically abusive dead parents. He might have killed them. No one's really sure.