Tuesday, January 29, 2008

You've been stretched to the limits, but it's alright now

There were a lot of things that I could write about over the past couple days. Rock of Love II updates, details on the new season of the Gauntlet, American Gladiators, Brady v Jeter. One thing stands above the rest on my thoughts.
Around 7pm, this past Sunday, Gordon finally reunited with Marjorie after a little more than three and half years being apart. Maybe I'm wrong for this, but that was all I could think about when I heard of his passing, and I actually smiled hearing the news report. By all means, I and millions around the world will miss having him with us, but all I could think of was seeing his smile when he was able to see Marjorie waiting for him, draped in white, and looking as beautiful as she did in his memories.
In all seriousness, I was more affected when she passed than when he passed. I can still remember looking at him during that first conference after her passing, and seeing the emptiness in his eyes. And mind you, that was almost six months to the day after her passing. You could tell he was just putting one foot in front of the other, and hoping it would actually bear his weight.
Majestically, he handled the trauma of losing his beloved of over 70 years, I'm including courtship time, while leading millions into a new era. Now, he can get back to laughing with his best friend. I don't doubt he will be hard at work soon, but I pray that he'll be granted at least a little time to catch up on the happenings of the past three and a half years.
Forgive the sacrilege, but please realize that there will be many people waiting to greet him, but he better make time straightway for his woman. Go get her Gordon. You've both waited long enough.

No comments: